I know what you must be thinking – not another banana bread, hasn´t this pandemic had enough of them? I realise I´m a bit late to the game and you might not want to read yet another banana bread recipe, but I absolutely swear by my friend Hollie´s being the best one you´ll every try. Even Nonna, my adoptive grandma, who does not like bananas at all, absolutely loved it. It has just the right intensity of banana flavour and the perfect degree of softness and moisture. So let this #guestchefseries guide you through the perfect banana bread recipe.
1 3/4 cups of flour
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
4-5 ripe bananas
1/2 cup of melted butter
two tsp vanilla extract
a tsp of baking soda
two tsp of cinnamon
a few dashes of nutmeg
salt to taste
1. Run the bananas through a blender and add the eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract to them.
2. Mix the dry ingredients – flour, white and brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing until completely homogenised.
4. Pour in a narrow tray that you have smeared with butter, and bake for one hour at 175 degrees.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve in slices, with some butter spread on top if you like.