Before you tell me peanuts on a pizza sound weird, let me just stop you there. This pizza flavour is seriously one of the best ones I´ve ever tried. Nothing new about combining chevre with honey and even arugula. The innovation here comes from replacing the traditional tomato sauce on the base of the pizza with (wait for iiiiiiit) fajita sauce. Genius or idiotic, I don´t know. But I swear by it. And then the crushed peanuts on top – omg. Don´t even ask me how we came up with this combo, part of it was a fortunate accident, part just sheer madness. But it works. And you need to try it. So here goes.
a store bought pizza dough of aprox. 260g (if you´re feeling lazy)
three tbsp of store bought fajita sauce (ultra special ingredient)
100g grated mozzarella
100g chevre cheese
30g of peanuts
a handful of arugula
a tbsp honey
1. Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees, or following the pizza dough package instructions.
2. Spread the fajita sauce over the pizza dough and then sprinkle the grated mozzarella over it.
3. Slice the chevre cheese in 0.5 cm slices and arrange them over the mozzarella, finally sprinkling the half crushed peanuts over it.
4. Bake for about 15 min, or according to package instructions.
5. Drizzle the honey on top and finally decorate with the arugula.