You might not know this about me, but spicy food is my guilty pleasure. Except for that one time when I cried after tasting a Carolina Reaper sauce. I wish I could tell you that I did that not knowing that the Carolina Reaper is the spiciest chilli pepper in the world, but I did in fact know it. I just didn´t quite realise how spicy it would be. Just like I always underestimate how spicy the cayenne pepper in my dishes is. And so, these #homemadeMonday vegan tortillas ended up spicier than initially planned. If you´re not on a vegan diet, however, you can always add some Greek yogurt to them and calm your taste buds like that. But regardless of your food preferences, you absolutely need to try this simple recipe. So keep reading…
(for eight/ten tortillas)
500 g canned black beans
300 g canned corn
one red bell pepper
one red onion
a tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt, pepper and Cayenne pepper
eight/ten small sized tortillas
1. Chop the onion and the bell pepper.
2. Add the chopped onion to a large pan, along with one/two tablespoons of olive oil and fry for two minutes on medium heat.
3. Add the bell pepper to the pan and fry for five minutes, seasoning it with a pinch of salt, pepper and the parsley.
4. Add the canned beans to the pan and fry for two more minutes.
5. Add the corn, season with the cayenne pepper, and fry for another two minutes.
6. Fry the tortillas one by one in a clean pan, on medium heat for one minute on each side.
7. Add the veggies to the tortilla, top with avocado, salt and add some Greek yogurt to cut the spiciness.