Living in Portugal with easy access to great seafood really makes me realise I have no excuse for not adding more seafood recipes on here. The truth is, I let the Portuguese boyfriend do most of the seafood (and red meat, and fish) cooking and so I don´t always put those recipes on here. So this time I decide to at least photograph and film him as he made a delicious seafood pasta recipe for this week´s #homemadeMonday.
1kg unpeeled shrimp (or about 500g peeled shrimp)
300g black pasta (I used linguine)
four garlic cloves
50g salted butter
a tbps olive oil
some fresh parsley
half a lemon
salt and pepper (ideally a pepper mix if you have it)
1. Clean, peel and devein the shrimp. Then rinse it with fresh water.
2. Chop the garlic finely while you´re heating a litre of water to boil the pasta in.
3. Boil the pasta for 6-8 minutes or according to the package´s instructions.
4. Before the time is up, fry the garlic in a pan along with the olive oil, butter, salt and pepper. After a minute add the shrimp to it.
5. Fry the shrimp until golden (should not take more than 1-2 minutes) and season with parsley and half a squeezed lemon.
6. Drain the pasta and optionally add a bit more butter on top, mixing until fully absorbed by the pasta.
7. Serve the shrimp on top of the pasta with plenty of sauce from the pan. Sprinkle some parsley on top and optionally a bit more lemon zest. Add parmesan if you´re a cheese aficionado like my boyfriend.