In my efforts to cook as little as possible during the week (at least for breakfast and lunch), I came up with these fluffy breakfast egg muffins and I have to say I am really proud of myself. They´re super easy to make, require few ingredients and give you the opportunity to rescue any soon overdue produce from your fridge. Aaaaand they´ll be the solution for your breakfasts from Monday to Friday! Now you can literally use any veggies and meats you want for them, I´ll just give you the ingredients I used last time, but please, be creative!
(for ten muffins)
six large eggs
80g chicken or turkey ham
100g grated mozzarella
50g sun-dried tomatoes
some green onion
salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees and spray ten cups of a muffin tray with some olive oil, leaving it aside.
2. Beat six large eggs with 100ml of milk, one tablespoon of salt and one teaspoon of pepper.
3. Pour the egg mixture into ten cups of the muffin tray.
4. Add the chopped ham, grated mozzarella, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and finally chopped green onion to each cup.
5. Bake for ten minutes.
6. Serve warm or refrigerate for up to five days (at least that´s what I tested) and serve cold for breakfast or as a mid-day snack.