Unlike pretty much every respectable food blogger out there, I have posted absolutely no recipe with pumpkins this entire fall. And to be completely honest, it´s because I´ve never been a big fan of eating pumpkin. I like carving it, decorating my house with it, but eating it – not so much. Well except in this new recipe I came up with recently. This one is a bomb. It´s essentially a threesome love affair between pumpkin, halloumi and sun-dried tomatoes, with a guest appearance of crushed walnuts, and of course spaghetti. Keep reading for the full thing.
200g spaghetti (or any kind of pasta really)
150g halloumi cheese
30g crushed walnuts
50g sun-dried tomatoes
salt, pepper and nutmeg
1. Chop the pumpkin into small bite sizes chunks. Slice the halloumi into cca. 1cm slices.
2. Season the pumpkin chunks with some salt, pepper, nutmeg and drizzle with some olive oil before tossing in a pan and frying for about 7 minutes.
3. Boil the pasta according to package instructions.
4. While the pasta is boiling, fry the halloumi cheese until golden on both sides. Note: You don´t need a special pan for this, any pan will do.
5. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes into small strips.
6. Once the pasta is done boiling, mix it with the pumpkin, the halloumi, the sun-dried tomatoes, and top it off with the crushed walnuts.