As you might have seen on my Instagram, I have now officially entered the cookie frenzy period. Five days into December, and I am on batch number three. The twist? I´m switching it up and started experimenting with new flavours. So for this #homemadeMonday, I´m bringing you this super easy coconut cookie recipe that thanks to its dash of orange, will fill your house with a Christmas smell. These cookies are much fluffier and less flat than my traditional Christmas cookies and as they do not take chocolate, they´re lower in calories. Not that anyone´s counting anyway.
(for about 30 cookies)
100g coconut flakes
the grated skin of one orange
a tbsp baking powder
a pinch of sea salt
1. Mix the flour, oats, salt, baking soda and coconut flakes in a big bowl while you´re melting the butter.
2. Once the butter is melted (not too hot though, you don´t want to cook the eggs!), mix it with the eggs and the sugar.
3. Combine the dry ingredients with the paste and mix into a dough.
4. Add the grated skin of the orange and mix in well.
5. Pre-heat the oven at 175 degrees while you portion the cookie dough.
6. On large tray with baking paper, form the dough in small balls of about 2cm in diameter, place them a couple of cm apart (you will need at least two trays to bake them all) and bake for about 10 minutes.
7. Let them cool only slightly before enjoying them with a nice cup of tea.