I admit that the whole concept of “winter salads” sounds a bit strange, especially coming from someone who was brought up in a place where winters are so cold, you basically have to have gravy three times a day to survive them. But upon moving to Portugal and experiencing milder winters, I admit to have become more open to the idea of more salads and less gravy. On top of that, I feel that this year my whole Instagram has been bombarded with beautiful winterish salads. And so I went on a quest to create my own for this #homemadeMonday.
100g baby spinach
half a cauliflower
some tbsp truffle oil
salt, pepper and smoked paprika
1. Chop the cauliflower into small florets and lay on an oven tray while you´re preheating the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
2. Season the cauliflower florets with smoked paprika, salt and pepper and finally drizzle with some truffle oil before adding to the oven and baking for 15 minute or until very slightly roasted at 180 degrees.
3. In the meantime, add a baby spinach layer to you salad bowls. Next chop the pears into bite sized chunks and add on top of the baby spinach.
4. Next cut the gorgonzola into small bites and add next to the spinach and pear.
5. Once the cauliflower is done, add it on top of your salad and finally decorate with walnuts.
6. Season with salt, pepper and some more truffle oil and enjoy from the warmth of your kitchen/living room.