What do you do when life gives you too many limes and too little cachaça? You improvise and upon a failed trial, you end up with these delicious key lime & blueberry Oreo cups. Needless to say, this looked very different in my head. I first tried to make a tart out of this, but left the base for too long in the freezer and by the time it started defrosting, the cream also started melting. So in a desperate attempt, I improvised. I blended some Oreos yet again, sprinkled them in a glass, and topped them with the rescued cream. They were de-lish! And they held marvellously for a couple of days in the fridge!
(for some eight cups)
a large pack of Oreo cookies
100g of blueberries
350g of condensed milk
200g of cream cheese
1. Start by grating the lime zest out of four of the limes, and then squeezing the juice out of all eight of them.
2. Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat well with a mixer until smooth. Add the condensed milk (making sure you got the sweetened kind), the lime juice, and lime zest and mix more, until smooth.
3. Add the blueberries to the cream and mix gently such as not to squish them, otherwise they´ll give their colour to the cream. Let cool for one hour in the fridge.
4. Once the hour is done, run the Oreo cookies through a blender and then divide the powder amongst the eight cups. A couple of teaspoons per cup should be enough.
5. Pour the cream on top of the blended Oreos and top with some more blueberries or lime/lemon slices.