This #homemadeMonday is for both the ones of you that don´t like tomato soup (and need a twist to the tangy tomato taste), and for the ones of you who love tomato soup (and want to try it in a different shape and form). I, for one, love the taste of tomatoes, but as I was trying to rescue some that were going bad in my fridge, I just felt that they alone would not make for a great soup. So I researched the topic a bit on Pinterest and got this idea to add white beans to the tomatoes. Long story short, I loved the result, I feel the beans were just what was missing to make the whole thing creamier and add a bit of starchy, buttery taste. And am here to share the whole thing with you.
five/six ripe tomatoes
a red onion
four garlic cloves
a 260g can of white beans
five basil leaves
salt, pepper and oregano
1. While pre-heating the oven at 200 degrees cut the washed tomatoes in big chunks (if you cut a tomato in four that should do it). Cut the red onion in slightly smaller chunks (eight would be ideal). Peel the garlic cloves.
2. Add the tomatoes, onion and garlic cloves to an oven proof deeper tray, drizzle with truffle oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Add the baked ingredients and the liquid they left behind to a blender and blend along with the basil leaves until smooth.
4. Add the can of beans on top of the tomatoes and blend in on high speed as well.
5. Serve with croutons or with toasted bread and optional grated parmesan on top.